Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Israeli Engagement!!!

HEY EVERYBODY!!! Just so ya know, this has been a CRAZY P-day, so this week's e-mail is gonna be QUICK! SO sorry about that! Anyways, last week was really good! Monday was so great! We visited with Sister K. and it was really good! I'm really starting to love her more and more! After Sister K., we visited a woman named Vanessa who we had met street contacting the week before, and we had a really great lesson with her! It truly amazing how the Lord places people in our path who are truly prepared! I love this work SO much! :) Tuesday we visited Sister Davis and put together a wooden shelf for her (I know, first we're assembling grills, and then book shelves. It's fine. I work better with putting things like that together than I do with putting food together and cooking! Haha. It's sad, but true!), and it was actually really fun! Later that day, we had dinner with the Bylund's in the ward, and that was good. They have the cutest little kids! That night, we had our usual Gospel Principles class that we taught that week for less-actives and recent converts. It went really well! We taught about prayer and why it's so important, etc. Wednesday was really good, too! We had Launching Leaders, which was amazing as always! I LOVE the Ritchies! They're wonderful! After Launching Leaders, we ended up having a mini District lunch with our whole district minus one set of Elders; so it was Elder Stone, Elder Harper, Elder Williams, and Elder Smith. We went to Noodles and Company. YUMMY!!! :) That night we went to our ward Halloween party, which was SUPER fun! They had a chili cook-off, which was delicious! To be honest, I only tried one of the types of chili that was there cause some ward member thought of me and made a vegetarian chili! SO sweet! But what was almost even sweeter was my District Leader, Elder Stone, made chili for the chili cook-off and he made me my own separate vegetarian chili. I love the Elders in my district! They're the best! Thursday (Halloween) was SO much fun! Earlier that day it was ...interesting... we went to go check on a woman on the Bishop's List, and she wasn't home, so we went and talked to some guys who were standing outside of their house across the street from where we were. They were two Israeli men, and... let's just say they REALLY enjoyed talking to Sister Schramm and I NOT about the gospel... They really liked our blonde hair and blue eyes and basically proposed to us. There was an older guy and a younger guy, and the worst part was it was the old guy who was hitting on us the most. Can you say CREEPY?? Ya. Anyways, he went on to tell us that if we just pay for a plane ticket to Israel, we would have free food, free housing, free everything. Cause we'd be married. Yep. That wasn't the first marriage proposal that I've had on my mission, but it was definitely the most forward and interesting one. That night we got together with our whole zone and watched "Monsters University" and "The Crudes". It was really fun! However, it showed me just how much my worst fear is coming to pass! I am going to be an awkward RM. It's official. I was freaking out a bit during the Crudes when they were were holding hands! Anyways, I gotta run! I'll tell you more next week! I love you all! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!! :) Love always, Sister Aubrie Orrock P.S. CONGRATULATIONS DESI AND JENS!!! Welcome to the family, Jens! And Heather! Guess what?? Sister Kaitlyn Roper is in my mission AND she's my Sister Training Leader! She remembers you from St. George! I love you, my sister! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment